Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sunshine

I had a little bit of bright yellow Bulky Lopi left in my stash from an old weaving project and decided to whip up a quick pair of "Sunshine" mittens for my son this winter.



One look at these on a grey winter day will surely do wonders for the North Eastern winter blues. I used the really easy and fun pattern out of Weekend Knitting and then felted them just enough to maintain the stitch definition but add some strength so they stand up after some serious snowball fights and angel making.

My heart and mind are still in a very meditative space. Today is a day of reflection for my family and I as we all grew up in NYC and my husband used to work in the WTC just before the attacks. (We had just moved to Upstate NY but were in the city on September 11 when the planes hit). My warmest wishes go out to all those who still carry the burden of loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home