Monday, August 29, 2005

Well, I have been working on this sweater/cardigan for four days now and I just couldn't share pictures until I had some stitches on holders so the darn thing would make some sense. It is knit in "one" piece though there is seaming down the sides and underarms. It's actually a top down raglan I guess. I am using exaggerated increases inspired by Glampyre's Ubernatural and Lopi from my stash made it's way from the yarn cubicle to my needles.


But I am working out of One Piece Knits That Fit which is a book I recommend for every knitter who wants a basic formula for sweaters to knit or crochet. I picked this book up in a used book store years ago and can't tell you how useful it's been. Now there are some seriously fugly versions of basic sweaters pictured in the book but don't let that scare you. The patterns are for classic styles and you can modify them in any way your imagination, skill, or whimsy suits you.

I really can't tell you how much I *love* this book. The ladies in my knitting group are probably sick of hearing about it. But for $4.50 on Amazon you get the basic sweater formula for knit and crochet in every weight yarn and every size you can think of from itty bitty infant to burly mountain man. And this guy makes me laugh every time I see him! It's actually just a shawl collar cardigan that has been trapped in time capsule circa 1970 something. Poor thing.

But really. Go to Amazon now and buy whatever copies of this book remain since it is out of print you'll be very glad you did. In the meantime I'll keep working on this cardigan.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

That sounds like a good little book.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home