Tuesday, August 23, 2005

It's Offical (Non Knitting Related)

We own a cabin in the woods! Today was closing day and we couldn't wait to get over and feel the ownership. Oh yeah. 2 acres of lovely land surrounded by 11,300 THOUSAND ACRES of state forest. Over the winter we found 1 of the 2 properties that are grandfathered into Savoy State Forest. A trail that leads to Tannery Falls is right in our backyard.

The cabin is simple and small but just perfect for what we need. Space to be creative and play.


I used to weave primitively on a Northern Eastern Native American loom and look forward to being able to set up shop here. Move some yarn in, some looms, and get back to the craft again. I also used to live primitively deep in the woods for about 2 years, before my DH and lovely son, when it was just me and my dog Sparky without any running water, electric, or plumbing so this is really a dream come true for me. A place of my own without the possiblity of anyone building around us...ever.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!! *happy dance*

7:41 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Congrats! It looks like a beautiful place.

9:00 AM  
Blogger LisaB said...

How exciting! Congrats on the purchase. Looks beautiful.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home